Monday 30 March 2009

Animals on board

I love following the tales of all the animals on board various boats, especially Caxton, Dogs on tour and Matilda Rose. I can’t believe how Jill on Matilda Rose managed to get Daisy trained enough to come back aboard. How do you manage when you decide to move off and she isn’t there. As a cat owner I know how hard it is to get them to come in when needed, especially if they are not hungry. More animal pictures for me please (especially the cats). I hope you like these of our two (large Cream Maine Coons)
They really are supposed to be this big. You can just see Jon hidden behind them.
Cinammon the boy is unfortunately recently deceased but his sister Tamarin (Tammy for short) is still with us and seems to be enjoying the extra attention she is getting.
Cinnamon looking smart for once
Cinnamon in relaxed mode.
Cinnamon was always an absolute scruffy urchin boy and his sister acts like she is a little princess.
Tammy in a box.
I find it amazing that cats can have such different characters even when siblings and brought up exactly the same way. They were however bad travellers and I don’t think Tammy will ever get to the boat (she would immediately hide in the bilges or disappear forever if we tried it).

2 comments:

  1. most 240v hairdryers are 2000wats so buying a small inverter would not do the job your best bet is to buy a 12volt one try a camping shop then a chandlers how long before you get a 240volt system can you wait that long ????

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lynne, thanks for the advice, I now have a 12v hairdryer on order, I hope it is man enough for the job.

    ReplyDelete